Thursday, December 18, 2014

Friday Fragments

Time for Friday fragments, where we take the trivial things that happened during the week and we throw them all in a blog post, like a big 'ole pot of fragment soup.

But first...a happy dance from my two favorite comic characters:

Frag #1
Do you use Redbox to rent movies? We do because it's super cheap - like $1.30 a night or something like that. Here's what usually happens:
It's Friday night and we decide we want to watch a movie. 
Hubby says lets just order a movie from On Demand through the cable company. 
I say no, it's $6, let's go get a movie from Redbox.
We drive to the Redbox, get the movie, drive home, watch the movie, go to bed.
Next day I remind hubby to bring the movie back on his way out to pick up milk. 
Hubby says, sure no problem.
8 days later, I notice the movie is still sitting on top of the T.V.
Hubby kicks himself for forgetting. I kick myself for forgetting to remind hubby. Then I kick hubby.
We return the movie and get charged $12.97. 
I realize we could have saved the trip to Redbox, stayed home, and watched 2 movies for the same price.
Repeat the above the following weekend.

The movie was Maleficent, which was very good, by the way. Angelina Jolie was fantastic in it. At least we didn't pay $12.97 for a bad movie. So there's that.

Frag#2
Speaking of movies, do you have a favorite Christmas movie or two that you watch every year? I was on a Christmas movie kick last night so we watched It's a Wonderful Life, Love Actually, and about 1/3 of Christmas Vacation. 

I was supposed to write a blog post for Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop, but my daughter Sissa came home from a two week trip to California and we got all comfy on the couch and started the movies, then it was just too hard to get up.

Mama Kat has a lovely writing prompt this week called "Where I'm From". You follow a poem template and fill in the blanks with descriptions and experiences from your childhood that shaped who you are.

I've started mine, but it's taking longer than I thought, or maybe I'm overthinking it. That's easy to do when you start examining your past. Anyway, her link up is open until next Thursday I think, so I hope to link up maybe by the weekend. Here's where you can link up if you want to.

If you write one, whether you link up to Mama Kat's or not, leave me the link in the comments - I'd love to read it.

Frag #3
So remember last week I shared the White Elephant gift I bought for our office Christmas party - the fart bank? Do you know who ended up going home with it? 

Yours truly. Well, my hubby, actually. Which was pretty funny because he was a little embarrassed that I would buy such a gift to represent our family in the office gift exchange. He could have left with a remote controlled helicopter, but the gal he stole it from looked so disheartened when he traded the fart bank for the helicopter that as we were leaving, he turned around and gave it back to her.

So I have the fart bank on my desk at work. I've decided that when the guys don't answer my instant messages or emails, the penalty is that I march into their office with the fart bank and they have to deposit money into the butt crack and listen to the ensuing sound.

Hey, if you ignore emails, you have to pay the piper...or farter, as the case may be.

Frag #4
This weekend is Christmas cookie weekend. Making, not eating. Well, probably both. I make my mom's sugar cookie recipe and frost and decorate them and bring them to work as gifts (fart-free gifts - yay). My girls help me and we listen to Christmas music and laugh and talk and bicker and it's one of the best parts of Christmas for me.

That's if for my frags this week. Off to bed now because I stayed up too late last night. Have a great weekend!

Dragging and fragging,
Lori

No comments: